Where it all began
Like most good things, Brighton Digital Women began because people need each other and because pubs exist.
Rachel, a lone in house digital marketer with no one to collaborate with, reached out to fellow Brightonians on a warm August evening in 2015 via Twitter and asked the question; is anyone out there? And there was.
Lana, Allegra and Alice answered Rachels call and they met for several months, along with others, in the North Laine Brew House and talked all things digital and all things women in tech. Friendships were forged and potential acknowledged.
In Novembers meetup we launched Brighton Digital Women officially to the world. Website, Twitter handle, Facebook page and EVEN Google+. We had our biggest turn out yet and now regularly get around 50 meetup sign ups each month and 30 brilliant, friendly and talented attendees, some of whom are guest blogging for us about issues they care about or the latest from the world of digital marketing.
Things are kicking off.
Where are we going?
Brighton Digital Women was set up to help women progress their digital careers and take on more leadership roles.
At it’s heart a community of new, current and future friendships and a way to support and challenge each other and the world!
There are 6 exciting areas our community will develop during 2017 and beyond:
- A first port of call for mentorship, sharing experiences and opportunities to progress
- A collaborative network to turn to for guidance, inspiration and support
- Opportunities for women to build authority in the East Sussex digital community
- The chance to explore the spectrum of digital career options
- More role models for the next generation of digital women
- Opportunities for Sussex businesses to show their support for closing the digital gender gap