Brighton Digital Women is a community of people in Sussex from all sorts of digital backgrounds. Everyone is welcome at our relaxed, friendly meetups.
We get together on the first Wednesday of each month. Someone usually volunteers to give an informal talk and to host discussions around a particular theme.
Together we chat about our recent challenges and successes and collaborate on ways to progress our careers.
We look forward to welcoming you along soon!
What’s our purpose?
The Brighton Digital Women community was set up to help women progress their digital careers and take on more leadership roles.
There are six exciting areas our community will develop during 2016 and beyond:
1. A first port of call for mentorship, sharing experiences and opportunities to progress
2. A collaborative network to turn to for guidance, inspiration and support
3. Opportunities for women to build authority in the East Sussex digital community
4. The chance to explore the spectrum of digital career options
5. More role models for the next generation of digital women
6. Opportunities for Sussex businesses to show their support for closing the digital gender gap
Brighton Digital Festival 2016
In September we’ll be hosting our meetup as part of #BDF16. It’s such an excellent month of digital discovery, inspiration and collaboration and we’re excited to be a part of it with our own specially designed evening. You can find out more about our event and the others at the Brighton Digital Festival website here.
Register to come along:
Brighton Digital Women is a whole year old in August. It’s come a long way since 3 people met for the first time a year ago in the North Laine pub!
We had a special birthday meetup and enjoyed a insightful talk from James Bradbury about working in a 82% female agency, some birthday cake, digital marketing bingo and the usual collaboration and connecting we’ve all come to love.
Our venue: kindly provided by Cafe Plenty
We have a fabulous home for our events and meetups, check out the stunner of a venue – Cafe Plenty.